In using our online services you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein, which are governed by the law of England and Wales.
1. You understand that we are not affiliated to the Government or to any of the Land Registry offices anywhere in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Our business provides services to commercial and private customers for conveyancing and other property related purposes. We do not sell any documents that are provided free of charge by the Government or any Land Registry office. Documents sold to you are procured by us on your behalf from many different sources, including the Land Registry and we have to pay for them before selling them to you.
2. The documents sold to you are provided as we obtain them and are sold to you in this manner. We do not alter them or edit them in any way. Accordingly we are not responsible for any errors they may contain.
3. Neither we nor any third party shall be liable to you or to any third party for any loss or damage, whether directly or indirectly incurred or as a consequence ensuing from inaccuracies or errors in the documents provided, from delays in sending them to you, or from interruptions, errors or omissions in the delivery of the documents or data or from any other information supplied to you, including dealing with enquiries made prior to your purchase and those made following your purchase.
4. Neither are we liable for any decision or action taken by you or any third party, in reliance upon the data provided. We are not liable, and no third party is liable, for any loss of business revenue, lost profits or any punitive, indirect, consequential, special or similar damages whatsoever, whether in contract or tort or otherwise.
5. The documents and information supplied to you, and our website, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and all ownership rights remain with the information service provider or the third party or ourselves, as the case may be. You may not copy, distribute, modify, reproduce, post, transmit or frame from this website any text, images, video, audio, software code, user interface design or logos without the prior written consent of Land-Search-Online.co.uk.
6. Using our services also binds you to the copyright laws, in so far as they apply, by:
7. Forwarding documents to you may be subject to delays beyond our control which may delay the provision of our services. Neither we nor any information service provider or any other person or organisation used by us shall be liable to you or to anyone else for any losses arising from such delay.
8. Once we receive your order a search specialist from our business will be assigned to you, whose function is to process your payment, obtain your order, transfer it to you, deal with any queries you have and see that you are satisfied with our service.
9. Every order is assigned a unique Transaction ID. You will also be told the name of the assigned specialist processing your order. You should quote these details in any communication to us so that we can identify and retrieve your order details.
10. Our hours of business are from 9 am to 5 pm each office day. Orders can be taken out of hours. These orders will be processed at the beginning of the following office day.
11. Occasionally, some orders cannot be processed online. In such cases we will use first-class post to obtain your order and upon receipt of it, your order will be sent to you by first class post. In such instances you will be asked by email to supply us with your address.
12. We are usually able to process orders received before 4pm within an hour of receipt, depending upon how busy we are at the time. We strive to process all orders the same day of receipt, unless there are queries on the order that need resolving before we can continue.
13. Payments are taken online unless your are an account holder. You agree to pay for our service in advance and in consideration of which we agree to provide your order as speedily as we can.
14. Our service is regulated by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. Your right to cancel starts the moment you place your order and noes not end until 14 days from the day you receive our service or your goods. If you need to cancel your order, please use the link provided in your order confirmation email.
15. Duplicate orders will not usually be processed for payment. If they are, they will be refunded in full.
16. In processing your order, we are sometimes unable to obtain your documents, e.g. because the documents you require do not exist as the property has never been registered. We must carry out a certain amount of work to confirm their non-existence and sometimes incur non-refundable payments. Where this occurs we will retain the sum of £5 and refund the balance to you.
17. Complaints should be forwarded to us using our Contact Form. We take all complaints seriously and will make every effort to resolve them to your complete satisfaction.
18. Please use our contact form for general enquiries.